Hello Ward 8 Neighbours !
You may have noticed Associated Paving & Material Ltd. has commenced repairing concrete sidewalks, milling the roadway and hot-mix asphalt resurfacing in the Balfour Neighbourhood. The work should be completed by the end of September, weather permitting.
Thank you for your patience!
For the duration of the project, the City On-site inspector Nick Zanello will be available. For any questions, please contact Project Manager, Jeff Rowen, 905-546-2424, ext. 4319 or the City Of Hamilton Construction Section at 905-546-4313. Please reference Contract C15-20-18(H).
Scope of Work
The following streets in the Balfour Neighbourhood are scheduled for upgrades this spring:
- Welbourn Drive, Warren Avenue to West Entrance of Hoover Crest
- Welbourn Drive, McElory Road to Dean Avenue
- Andrew Court, Hoover Crescent to East End of Street
- Terrace Drive, South Bend Road East to Mitchell Avenue
- Allenby Avenue, South End of Street to North End of Street
- Dodson Street, Mohawk Road East to Hoover Crescent
- Dean Avenue, Welboume Drive to Upper Wellington Street
- South Bend East, Upper James Street to Upper Wellington Street
- Howard Avenue, South End of Street to South Bend Road East
- Wingate Place, Warren Avenue to East End of Street
- Nome Ave, Dodson Street to Upper Wellington Street
- Dorothy Street, Norrie Avenue to South Bend Road East
The work involves repair of concrete sidewalks, milling the roadway and resurfacing with hot mix asphalt pavement.
During this time, residents may experience some inconveniences such as noise, dust and restricted traffic movement. Every effort will be made to complete the work in a timely manner and to keep any inconvenience to a minimum.
Traffic Calming Improvements
Other improvements that will be completed as part of the work are traffic calming (speed cushions) on South Bend Road, Warren Avenue and Terrace Drive, painted pedestrian crossings and stop-sign realignments.
If you are planning to upgrade any underground services or if you require new services, please arrange with a private contractor to have this work completed prior to the reconstruction of the roadway. For new water or sewer services, please call the Building Department at 905-546-2424, ext. 2720 to make an application. In addition, please notify our Department so that arrangements can be made to co-ordinate with our Contractor’s schedule.
If you wish to widen your existing driveway approach (ramp) or if you do
not have an existing approach (ramp) and would like to inquire about the possibility of obtaining one, please contact the Hamilton Municipal Parking System at 905-546-2424, ext. 4578.
If you wish to widen your existing entrance or if you do not have an existing
entrance and would like to install one, please contact the Traffic Engineering Technologist at 905-546-2424 ext. 4577.
More information about this project can be found at the City of Hamilton website here.