Hello Ward 8 Neighbours,
The FirstOntario Centre, which has been hosting a vaccine clinic by appointment only, will be offering a walk-in option for those seeking second doses.
For more details, please continue reading below…
Hamilton’s COVID-19 vaccination program offers walk-in option at FirstOntario Centre for second doses
JULY 14 2021
HAMILTON, ON – The Hamilton healthcare partners continue to make progress in vaccinating members of the community who fall into the Province’s COVID-19 Vaccination Framework. We are pleased to announce that to date, we have administered approximately 656,233 doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Upwards of 75.3 per cent of Hamiltonians over the age of 18 have received a vaccine to date with 55.4 per cent having completed their vaccine series. In addition, 62 per cent of youth ages 12-17 have received a first dose to date and 25.2 have completed their vaccine series.
Starting tomorrow, July 15, 2021, all members of the community ages 12+ who would like a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine are encouraged to walk-in into the FirstOntario Centre vaccine clinic to complete their vaccine series. The clinic also continues to offer walk-ins for first doses, and booked first and second dose appointments.
Accelerated second dose eligibility
In order to provide a strong level of protection against COVID-19, including the Delta variant, all individuals ages 12 and over who have received their first dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine are encouraged to walk-in into the FirstOntario Centre vaccine clinic to get their second dose or rebook their second dose appointment at the shortened interval of at least 28 days after their first dose. Some mobile pop-up clinics are also offering walk-in second doses, and information on these and all clinic locations can be found at www.hamilton.ca/GetYourVaccine.
Public Health Services recommends that everyone who is eligible for a vaccination receive the first vaccine that is available to them. We need to work together to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community, to reserve healthcare and hospital capacity and to protect vulnerable populations.
- The Pfizer vaccine is currently the only COVID-19 vaccine that has been authorized by Health Canada for use in individuals aged 12 and over
- Vaccine administration rates may differ based on local context.
- Information regarding booking an appointment and frequently asked questions are available on www.hamilton.ca/GetYourVaccine.
- All vaccination planning is based on and contingent on available COVID-19 vaccine supply.
- It is vital that members of the public, even those who have been vaccinated, ensure that public health measures still be practiced until it is safe and said to be safe by the health professionals in all levels of government.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact our office here.