Hello Ward 8 Neighbours,
The City of Hamilton has initiated the Hamilton Parking Master Plan to examine existing public parking operations and provide direction for future policy, planning, and enforcement that align with other city-wide transportation and planning policies.
The Hamilton Parking Master Plan will be responsible for the following:
- operation of all paid on and off-street parking facilities including 61 surface parking lots, 2 parking structures and 2,700 metered parking spaces
- creation and maintenance of all Parking By-Laws
- enforcement of the Parking By-Laws
- continued development, growth and increasing density in Hamilton leading to several challenges, including:
- balancing downtown parking needs with redevelopment of surface parking lots
- balancing parking supply needs with encouragement of more sustainable transportation modes
- meeting paid parking demand
- planning for new mobility technologies
- maintaining a self-sustainable financial model for HMPS
The overall purpose of the Hamilton Parking Master Plan is to provide direction and a strategic approach to parking policy, enforcement and sustainability for the City of Hamilton. The Plan will help the City continue to align city-wide policies related to transportation and land use. IBI Group has been retained to complete the Parking Master Plan.
The key objectives hoped to be developed in consultation with the public, Business Improvement Areas, and other vital stakeholder groups, are to:
- strategically connect parking with land use planning, Transportation Demand Management (TDM), Transit and other ‘city building’ initiatives
- create a framework to update old policies using a ‘best practices’ approach with a focus on customer service
- develop strategies which support business and economic development
- provide options for transition from surface lots to structured parking
- review the current financial model to ensure sustainability
The first Public Information Meeting will be:
Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Location: Hamilton City Hall, 71 Main Street West, Room 192/193
There is also a stakeholder survey to share your thoughts and concerns which can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZMRF7CZ.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact our office here