Hello Ward 8 Neighbours,
In an effort to increase access to COVID-19 vaccines for youth across Hamilton, the Hamilton Public Health Services issued a press release this morning informing the community that the mobile vaccination team will be holding mobile pop-up vaccine clinics in various locations across the city from June 8 to June 14, 2021.
For more details, please continue reading below…
Hamilton’s COVID-19 vaccination program expansion to include mobile pop-up vaccination clinics for youth ages 12 +
JUNE 5 2021
HAMILTON, ON – The Hamilton healthcare partners continue to make progress in vaccinating members of the community who fall into the Province’s COVID-19 Vaccination Framework. We are pleased to announce that to date, we have administered approximately 346,960 doses of COVD-19 vaccine – with upwards of 65.2% of Hamiltonians over the age of 18 and 21.7% of youth ages 12+ receiving a vaccine to date.
Currently, youth in Hamilton who are aged 12 and older at the time of vaccination can book an appointment to receive a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. In an effort to increase access to COVID-19 vaccines for youth in Hamilton, the Hamilton Public Health Services mobile vaccination team will be holding mobile pop-up vaccine clinics in various locations across the city from June 8 to June 14, 2021.
|Location||Dates of Operation|
|Saltfleet Community Centre|
605 Hwy 8, Stoney Creek
|Bernie Morelli Recreation Centre|
876 Cannon St. E.
|June 8 to 14|
|Norman Pinky Lewis Recreation Centre|
192 Wentworth St. N.
|June 8, 9, 11|
|Ancaster Rotary Centre|
385 Jerseyville Rd W., Ancaster
|Dundas Community Centre|
29 Market St. S, Dundas
|Harry Howell Twin-Pad Arena|
27 Hwy 5 W., Flamborough
4300 Binbrook Rd., Binbrook
|June 12, 13|
|Sackville Hill Seniors Recreation Centre|
780 Upper Wentworth St.
|June 12 to 14|
Booking an appointment
Appointments for the above clinics can be booked through the Provincial online booking system found at www.hamilton.ca/VaccineBooking or by calling the Provincial call centre at 1-888-999-6488. These are by-appointment clinics only, walk-ins are not permitted.
For those who do not have a Green Ontario photo health card, please call the Public Health Services COVID-19 Hotline at 905-974-9848, option 7 to book an appointment. Due to potential call volumes expected at the call centre, the City of Hamilton encourages everyone to self-register online if able to so, it’s the quickest process to get an appointment. The hotline is trying to focus on those without health cards and those without computer access.
Hamilton’s vaccine strategy for young people is comprehensive to ensure all young people 12 to 17 years of age who want a vaccine, can do so in a location that can meet their needs. Information regarding how to book an appointment and answers to frequently asked questions regarding youth COVID-19 vaccination can be found at www.hamilton.ca/YouthVaccine.
- The Pfizer vaccine is currently the only COVID-19 vaccine that has been authorized by Health Canada for use in individuals aged 12 and over
- Vaccine administration rates may differ based on local context.
- Information regarding registration, booking, and frequently asked questions are available on the COVID-19 Vaccines section of the City’s website at www.hamilton.ca/COVIDvaccines.
- All vaccination planning is based on and contingent on available COVID-19 vaccine supply.
- It is vital that members of the public, even those who have been vaccinated, ensure that public health measures still be practiced until it is safe and said to be safe by the health professionals in all levels of government. Public health measures include:
- stay home if you are feeling unwell
- get tested for COVID-19 if you have symptoms or have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19
- limit gatherings to only members of your immediate household
- maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet or 2 meters from others outside of your immediate household
- wear a mask or face covering indoors and outdoors when not able to maintain physical distancing
- wash hands frequently
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Expanding to Youth 12+ Ahead of Schedule
- Public Health Services’ COVID-19 Hotline: 905-974-9848 or email@example.com
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact our office here.