Hello Ward 8 Neighbours,
A beloved Hamilton summer program will be back in local parks this year after being suspended last summer due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This year’s Supie programs are modified to follow provincial guidelines to allow for safe, fun, summer activties.
For more details, please continue reading below…
The Supie program has long been a place for neighbourhood kids and families to gather and enjoy a multitude of activities and sport, from July 5 to August 27. This year, however, things will be running a little different.
Some of the changes this year will be as follows:
- Combination of staff led-programs and self-directed activities
- Self-directed activities are to be completed in small groups within gathering limits at your own pace
- Parks with staff led programming will be offered between 11:00am-3:30pm. Sign up required on-site, with limited spaces available based on activity and provincial restrictions in place
- Keep 2m physical distance from those outside of your household at all times
- Sanitize hands regularly, before and after participating in programs
Ward 8 will be hosting two Supie programs this summer, with Bruce Park hosting staff-led programming while Gourley Park will have self-directed activities you can do as a household. A full list of parks hosting activities can be found here.
A few items to keep in mind about Supie:
- If staff are present, they do not replace parent/guardian supervision.
- All programs are free of charge.
- Locations are subject to change without notice.
- Parks take full advantage of water features like spray pads and wading pools during the hot summer months.
- For Supie programs with staff on site:
- Staff will be on site Monday to Friday (excluding holidays, inclement weather, extended heat warnings)
- Activity blocks are 45 minutes long and led at 11:30 am, 1 pm, and 2:30 pm
To have a positive and enjoyable program experience, children should bring the following each day:
- healthy snacks
- refillable water bottle
- running shoes/athletic sandals (no flip flops)
More information on the City’s Supie program can be found here.
The Supie programs will run July 5 to August 27.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact our office here.